Brighton College Al Ain is celebrating another year of outstanding A Level results today which has resulted in the College’s pupils securing offers at leading universities around the world. 40% of Brighton College Al Ain pupils will be going on to study medicine, promising a bright future ahead for the latest graduates.
An impressive 12% of all examinations sat by pupils this year have resulted in the highest grade A* which is another year-on-year improvement on the results obtained since 2019, the last time pupils sat examinations in person. Similarly impressive is the achievement of four in every ten of this year’s cohort have been awarded A* to A examination grades and over six in every ten pupils have achieved A* to B grades.
Consistently included in the UAE’s best performing schools list, Brighton College Al Ain and its exceptional teachers have gone above and beyond to support its pupils through the uncertain and challenging times that pupils have experienced whilst studying and preparing for their A Level examinations over the past two years. This support, along with the hard work, determination and resilience of Brighton College Al Ain pupils has seen young men and women excel in a wide range of subject options, encompassing sciences, maths, the arts and humanities.
Half of this year’s cohort who applied to universities in the UK have received at least one offer to study at a Russell Group university and at a challenging time for Medicine admissions, five Brighton College Al Ain pupil have secured offers to study in Europe and the UAE.
The College’s leavers include tomorrow’s students of Medicine, Law, Engineering, Finance and English. Some of the pupils who have achieved outstanding A Level grades this year include the following:
- Ala’a Alazizi has achieved A*A*A* in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology and is heading to the Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin to read Medicine.
- Abdelrahman Sadawey has achieved an A A A in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. He will go on to study Engineering and has offers from several universities, including Warwick, Bristol and Leeds in the UK
- Zaid Magdub has achieved A* A B in, English Literature, History and Psychology and is heading to the UK, where he will read law.
- Renad Benour has achieved A B B in Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry and will go on to study Medicine.
- Mubarak AlKhyeli, Brighton College Al Ain’s Head Boy, has achieved A B C in Mathematics, Economics and Business Studies and, after completing his military service, will head to Cardiff University, a member of the leading Russell Group of universities, to study Financial Mathematics.
Head Master of Brighton College Al Ain, Scott Carnochan said: “I am delighted to see this wonderful cohort of pupils achieving such excellent A level results. They are richly deserved and testament to their outstanding work ethic and the excellent teaching, care and guidance received from their wonderful teachers. Today we not only celebrate our top achievers, but we also celebrate many other A Level success stories, which we are equally thrilled with, and which may not obviously shine through in grades alone.
He added: “I am enormously proud of everything our pupils and teachers have achieved, congratulate them on these impressive results and wish our pupils continued success as they move on to leading universities around the world”.