It is my pleasure to welcome you to The City School International, Dubai. The students and staff of the school hope you find the information on this website informative and useful.
The school, formed in 2006, offers the British National Curriculum from Foundation Stage to IGCSE. We are proud that the academic achievements of our students, particularly at IGCSE level, match with our goal of academic excellence.
Our philosophy of continuous development embedded within a culture of professionalism enables all our students to succeed.
Our approach to teaching and learning reflects the best practice found in the United Kingdom. As identified in our most recent inspection report, our ‘students show real enthusiasm for learning and want to do well’. Similarly, our students are praised for ‘carrying out a wide variety of research projects which develop their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Our students ‘show initiative and lively enterprise’. This is due to teachers ‘having a good subject knowledge which is used to plan lessons that engage and stimulate students’. The report also identifies the ‘good relationships between staff and students which underpins a very positive learning ethos in classrooms throughout the school’.
Extra and Co-curricular activities are also important to us. We offer a wide range of activities for students to develop their sporting, dramatic, creative and artistic skills. We also believe that all students should have the opportunity to learn about and support their local, national and international communities encouraging them to become integrated citizens of the 21st Century.
If this is the well-rounded educational experience you want for your child, please don’t just take my word for it, come and visit us and see the school in action. We may be busy but we will always welcome you.
1. Parents meet the Admission Tutor/Principal/Vice Principal
2. The Head of the School gives a brief introduction of The City School Network.
3. Parents fill in the admission form, pay the registration fee, and receive:
1. Appointment card with assessment and interview date and time on it.
2. Registration receipt.
3. Admission package/Fee structure.
4. Admission and fee payment formalities.
5. Parent handbook/folder.
4. Assessment and interview with both the parents on the given date/time. Schedule/ appointments record/interview files are prepared.
5. The result is finalised within a week of the assessment and displayed on the school/office board. Parents are informed about further formalities. Letters are posted to the parents to inform them of their child’s result.
6. Admission fee challan is prepared at the campus/branch.
7. The school receives from the parents:
1. School leaving certificate from the last school attended (if any)
2. Copy of Birth Certificate
3. Last report card from the previous school (if any)
4. Latest passport size photographs
5. Medical reports (if any)
6. Copy of paid admission fee challan
7. Copy of father’s CNIC
7. School Leaving Certificate attested by:
a.. Ministry of Education
b. Ministry of Foreign Affairs
c. UAE Consulate
8. Parents are given:
1. Admission order (original)
2. Uniform list
3. Stationery list
4. Welcome letter
5. First school circular
6. Identity card
7. Admission order
9. The office sends a copy of the Admission Order to the class teacher. The class teacher enters the name of the student in the attendance register.
10. The office prepares the personal file of the student and enters the name in the Admission and Withdrawal Register.
11. Admission formalities completed/confirmed.